Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Friday, March 14, 2014

I had to pay Attention.. and I didn't like it.

I had to pay attention, my body was telling me I needed a rest day in the worst kind of way.. I say worst because my love for running was a zero. I really didn't want to pay attention, but I did and took a full on Rest day. I skipped running, I skipped lifting weights and I skipped the Bikini Challenge. I do have a very active job and there is no getting a rest day of work.  In the end working took 3-1/2 hours and I called that my exercise for the day. 
I keep thinking I'll see a change in my appearance if I take a photo a day. I might need to re-think that if I don't start making some diet changes. Sugar foods were out of control yesterday. A friend told me, the more she tries to eat healthy.. the more she ends up eating tons of sugary crap. When she doesn't try.. she eats normal and doesn't over do it. I'm sure that's true for me. I seem to want more sugar because its always on my mind. I'm just not going to make a big deal of cutting out sugar today and we'll see how it goes. 
I have three days to get in some weight lifting. It was not my plan to do it three days in a row. I'm going to start off easy and each day lift more..
Steve and I were both feeling pretty speedy during our run this morning. I need to tell you.. I ran at 8.5mph (7 minute mile) for the last 2 minutes of my 3.1mile run. Most of the run was at 6.0mph, and 6.5mph then 7.0mph.  I even worked out hard on the cross ramp for my 30 minutes/3miles. Felt great and now I know a rest day was important. I confess.. I get a little weird about skipping a workout.. Thinking I'm going to gain 10 pounds in a day. 


 While in the car this morning, we had one of those discussions.. About summer workout plans. Steve and I do not want to skip going to the gym all summer long. We both are 100% on board with this plan!

 Last summer we spent far too many days taking leisure bike rides up to get coffee that resulted in our fitness level dropping. We stopped lifting weights, we stopped burning more calories. Biking is just not the same as running and lifting weights. 
Our plan is simple. Keep the fun bike rides for the weekends. This way I can also get in a short run after.  Running to the gym, lift weights.. This way come fall/winter we don't have to re-gain what we lost in fitness over the summer months. It's also going to prevent the 10 pound weight gain we are still both struggling to lose. 

Looking forward to summer. Now just hurry up so we can put our plan into action!
_________________________________________

What's your summer workout plan? 

What don't you like doing for exercise? 

What motivates you to keep eating healthy and working out?



No comments:

Post a Comment