Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Monday, March 10, 2014

Signs of Spring..

We are in a spring warm up. It might not look like 3" of snow melted because we still have a ton of snow to go... I do see brown dirty grass, our first sign spring is here!

I didn't cross country ski as much as I would have liked this winter. I did get out yesterday and the ski conditions were once again perfect. It was so nice and warm. The snow was semi melted which made skiing up hills easy, but going down kind of slow. 
I've been using Celina's ski boots and they feel so much better on my ankles then my boots. I think something in the boot pushes on a bone so my foot would start hurting. Glad my kids feet are big enough so I can swap out ski boots. 

 I was so warm after skiing 6 miles. I was sweaty hot and couldn't wait to take off my jacket. I always think I ski fast but when I checked my GPS my average speed was around 5.0 to 5.5mph.. It's still considered brisk-vigorous speed but at the low end. 
I came home from skiing to find Steve in the kitchen cooking up Sunday Family night dinner. Taco's.. one of my favorites.. I get a little carried away with salsa.. He made both chicken and beef. I couldn't decided which one to take, so I had both. 
I can't take credit for dessert. Steve's mom makes the best apple tarts. We all had a slice with vanilla ice cream. One of my favorites.. 

One of the best parts of family dinner is seeing family and getting to hold Evan. He had on shoes last night. Talk about cute. I should have taken a photo of those little feet. 


We ended the night with one of our favorite games. Cribbage. We take our game very serious. 

 It was a nail biter.. on who would win.. and it wasn't me.


No comments:

Post a Comment