Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Monday, January 25, 2021

Time to lose some weight!

 I officially started my diet this weekend. I always start out slow. Just let myself get ready for when I'm truly serious about losing weight. I just made sure to stay under 1500 calories the last two days. Going back to my last year diet plan. Main meal is going to be dinner. Eat whatever, but smaller portions, no butter, not much cheese.  Breakfast is still a few 10 or under pretzel nuggets with Peanut butter. Lunch will be raw veggies or low cal air popcorn, just for some crunch. I'm also going to not weight myself but take body measurements. Doing lots of cardio exercise, skiing, etc. adding in weights to tone up. I'm all in now.. and I Feb, March, April and May plenty of time to drop at least 20 pounds. 





I'm still going to bake and try what I make. It will be just a taste. This way, I can still do what I love and still enjoy. It's not about depriving, but a compromise of what I really want. I made these breadsticks yesterday after watching the British Baking Show challenge of the day. They should be all the same length, and be the same with good flavor, evenly baked and have a snap. I failed a little with the uneven baking, and looking the same. It was harder than I thought to get them the same size and looking exactly the same. The flavor was really good, sea salt, garlic, basil and parsley. 
Bake at 400+F for 15 minutes on parchment paper


I'm going to try doing the 2nd challenge of the day, making English muffins! 
Dinner last night was bread sticks with multi color pasta and roasted cherry tomatoes with garlic over a parmesan cream sauce. Not diet food, because I didn't start 100%, but not bad since I actually cooked.
Steve and Celina joined me cross country skiing yesterday afternoon. We went to another park close to home in Hastings. Less people and no hikers! 



It was nice going on a different trail to mix up my skiing. It wasn't as far, only about 4 miles total. 



We all got pretty hot skiing. I usually don't wear a big winter coat when I ski by myself. I just wasn't sure how fast we'd be skiing and if I'd warm up as fast. 







1 comment:

  1. I really want to try cross country skiing. It looks fun and what a good exercise!

    ReplyDelete