Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Wednesday, March 5, 2014

I just got out there.. no ifs... ands or butts!

That's what happens when you take a break from something you love.. I'm blaming it all on our stupid polar Vortex of a winter. I just had a hard time starting back up Cross Country Skiing. The last two weeks its been crazy, crazy cold. We are talking below zero with negative numbers all day long. There was absolutely no way I was going skiing with the risk of frost bite. I wanted to go.. but I didn't. I just decided.. no ifs ands or Butts.. I need to go ski and I was going to just get out there and do it!
It's always hard to decide what jacket to wear for skiing. I get so darn hot after about 10 minutes. It's just the first 10 minutes that are sometimes pretty chilly.
 It's in those first few minutes out in the cold, when I really want to turn around and go back to my warm car. I just ski on.. 
I was feeling a little low on energy and saw some M&M's in our candy jar. Usually, I don't reach for candy, but Steve swears by this method to get him all pumped up and working out feverishly. Well, if it works for him.. might as well try it today! Anything to get me out the door to ski! Glad I went but it sure was hard getting me to do it today. I'm hoping tomorrow skiing will be easier to just go do it!

The M&M's sure tasted good. More energy? Maybe.... maybe not? I still cut my skiing route a little short. No expert hills today.. But I still cross country skied for over an hour, 5.5 miles done and those candy calories burned up!
This was one of those dinners where you look in your frig and say "What do we have?" Sour Dough Bread, 3 different Cheeses, cherry tomatoes and fettuccine pasta .. Sounds good to me. 
Now to settle in for the night with new reading.. Look what came in the mail. Plus one of my favorite shows.. Survivor is on TV.. It's going to be a good resting night! 


No comments:

Post a Comment