Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Monday, March 31, 2014

2 minute Planks, I can do it!

I am now able to last two whole minutes doing a bent elbow plank and another 2 minute plank with straight arms.

 It was a long process getting to this point. My very first plank, I was shaking after 30 seconds. It took me 23 weeks or almost 6 months of daily planks to work my way up. I started at 30 minutes, then 1 minute, 1min 30 seconds and the last two days 2 minutes planks. 
Did you know doing planks works 26 different muscles. At least that's what I read somewhere... ? 
It's the little things that over time can add up to make a big change. When I started the plank challenge it was for only 30 days. The challenge had me believing I could hold a plank for more then 4 minutes. I was not convinced since after 30 seconds it was really hard.  I kept going day after day.. and now 6 months later or 180 days I worked my way up to holding those planks for 2 minutes. It was a slow process, but I didn't give up or quit. I might not be at 4 minutes, but I have a lifetime to get there.. There is no rush as long as I just keep doing planks every day.. there is no quitting now.. I will make it to 4 minutes someday. 
__________________________________________________

What's the longest you've held a plank? 

What challenge are you currently working on? 

What are some of your April goals? 

No comments:

Post a Comment