Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Monday, March 17, 2014

Kind of a Green Day.

Happy Monday, St. Patty's Day... 
Running was feeling good again this morning. I've been trying Interval training. It's suppose to help you burn more calories through out the day. To sum it up quickly, you run fast, then slow and keep mixing it up. Steady running at the same pace I've read doesn't do as much for you.. it's better to have bursts of fast pace. Easier said then done.. I've been picking up the pace, hills I run slow 6.0mph or 6.5mph, less then 0.4 incline I run at 7.0mph.   

 I found a new way to wake up before going to the gym.. Do my planks right away after stretching. Elbows 2 minutes and then straight arms 2 minutes. I didn't realize how much I've progressed in planks until Steve did them with me. I was ready to finish them up well before he was rested. 

I do 4 minutes total of planks each day, but breaking it up. I start with 1 minute and 30 seconds bent elbows, (rest for a few seconds) and do the last 30 seconds, Rest and change the plank to straight arms, 1 minute (rest for a few seconds) and then finish up the last minute, for 4 minutes total. If I have enough time, I do my 2 minute super woman. if not, I do it right when I get home from running. 
I carb loaded last night for family dinner. We made 2 types of pasta, bow tie and angle hair noodles then topped with a mushroom cream sauce, a pesto green sauce and the 3rd topping was just peppers, onions and tomatoes with sides of asparagus and sweet potatoes. Meatless meal which I really like. No need to eat meat with every meal. 
I made the best spring dessert.. Angle food cake, strawberry ice cream with fresh strawberries. We devoured every last slice of cake. That's what I love about angle food cake, its so light and fluffy.. it's easy to eat it all.. 

We bought Evan a booster seat with tray so he could join us at the table. I can tell he likes being bigger! Too bad he fell asleep during dinner so never got to sit at the table with us. 


No comments:

Post a Comment