Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Keep going faster..

To get faster, you have to go faster. Easier said then done. I always have good intentions before the start of my run. This morning I decided to try and run faster with every mile. I started off at a 10 minute per mile pace (6mph) for one mile, then increased to a 9 minute mile (6.5mph) and the last mile.. 8 minutes and 30 second mile.. (7.0mph) all running random hills up to 1.5 incline. I actually did what I wanted to do this morning. Races this is the goal.. start off slower, and gradually increase your speed to finish strong. 

I have my eye on a spring 5K race (I Love Burnsville) where I placed 2nd in my age group 2 years ago. Time to go re-do that race and come in 1st! I might be older in that age group.. 40 - 49 year olds.. but I think I still can do it! I just need more fast running practice and it's got to get a whole lot faster! I'm going for a 7 minute per mile or faster time.


I kind of like that I'm able to run 6 miles or more every day... and I kind of like the fact that not everyone my age can even run a mile.. let alone a mile in 6.39.. (some obviously are faster or even slower) Would I like to see everyone exercising and running? Sure.. I'm just glad I figured it out and started running in my 40's no matter what speed I go.... I'm going to keep running hopefully into my 80's.. I might get slower, or not run as far, but you bet I'm going to keep moving! 

What time is it? Time for Day 29 of the 93 Bikini challenge 
(50 second exercise with 10 seconds of rest)
1. SPEED SQUATS 46
2. HIGH KNEES 125
3. PUSH UPS 13
4. SQUAT JUMPS 30 
5. TRICEP DIPS 50
6. BURPEES 0
7. ALTERNATING LUNGES 30
(as long as I want)
8. ELBOW PLANK 1:30/30
9. Straight Arm PLANK 1:30/30 
10. Super Woman 2:00
____________________________________________________________________________

What are you doing at your age, that a lot of others aren't doing? 

What's the last challenge you did? How long did you last? 


No comments:

Post a Comment