Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Sunday, March 30, 2014

Loving the Change even if I wasn't at first.

It's been a long time.. and now its time for a change. I got pretty comfortable over the winter months at the gym running indoors. Transition with the seasons is hard for me. I welcome change and then I dread it. I completely changed my mind about being 100% into running outdoors just yet.. but I did it.. I stalled for an hour, wanting the temp to warm up more then 38*F.. it did get to 40. I was not going to not listen to my self doubts and just get out there and run it! 
I did a smart thing before stepping outside. I warmed up inside with my Bikini Challenge Day 55.. thank you very much! Finished that.. and was a semi-sweaty mess. Now I needed to step outside just to cool off before putting on a few layers to run. 
I forgot just how much I need to wear just to run.. My new arm warmers (worked perfect!!), gloves to keep my fingers warm, cell phone, GPS watch, heart rate monitor, ID bracelet, Ipod, ear buds, visor hat, tank and long sleeve shirt. 
Ready to run.. now where to go? I decided to run up to the gym... 7 miles round trip. I was a bit disappointed when I looked down at my GPS and realized I was going at a 11 minute per mile pace. I needed to pick it up.. and I did.. and it felt good. So glad I did indoor incline hills and hard resistance all winter long. I didn't lose any fitness. 
It did feel weird running on pavement. I had to run slowly over some ice covered spots which slowed me down. My legs felt fresh, which I was not expecting. I don't know where time went because it felt too easy and too quick. 7 miles done in 1 hour and 7 minutes (with stopping for a light 2x's)
I wanted to keep my first outside run of the year to an easy pace and just look around and enjoy the day. I even considered running 4 more miles when I got home, but then hunger over took me. 
Feels great to be outside.. loving the change now that I just got out there and ran my buns off! 




No comments:

Post a Comment