Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Friday, March 28, 2014

I just don't know...

I don't know if Spring will ever be here in Minnesota.  We got another snow storm on Thursday. Lucky us..
I just couldn't get motivated to do anything other then sit on the couch all evening long. The snow really threw me off because I almost missed my chiro appointment. That just never happens especially when I look forward to it. It's kind of a treat, I get a mini back, neck and shoulder massage for about 15 minutes followed by some stem (heat pad with electrodes- 15 minutes) and last my adjustment (neck/back cracked). I come out of there feeling like a million bucks! 
I was craving a turkey Subway sandwich last night for dinner. The kids don't care for sandwiches, but they really love those thin boneless pork chops. Logan loves to cook and I was more then happy to let him take over since I know he will eat what he cooks. He made his dinner and Celina's last night. How great is that! 
I know.. a sweaty mess.. That's the look lately when I've had a tough workout. You know what? All workouts are tough. A friend said to me.. "oh you run all the time, this is easy for you". No it's not easy. It never gets easy. The only easy part is the habit of running every day. I know everyone wants to believe it gets easy and it could if you stop challenging yourself. What would be the point? You'd never get stronger or more fit. 

To push on.... I ran again at level 2 on the treadmill which means my random hills maxed out at 2.2% incline. It doesn't sound like much, but its enough of a change, challenge running at 6.0mph for 30 minutes. Don't forget I warm up on the cross ramp and that's all hills.. 10 minute miles for 3 miles.. a good hard workout with lots of resistance 13/14.. 
We both can laugh at this.. Steve has some buddies that think he doesn't run every day. They all complain about being sooo old.. When he feels great. I don't know when being in your 40's becomes old. We are not exactly 20 anymore, but we are in just as good of shape or better then we were in our 20's... If 50 looks this good on us... and we are this fit.. Bring it on!


It's that Bikini Challenge time.. Day 53 of 100 days.. Over half way there.. not counting the days I missed, but am making up.. 
1. SPEED SQUATS
2. HIGH KNEES
3. PUSH UPS
4. SQUAT JUMPS
5. TRICEP DIPS
6. side lift R/L
7. ALTERNATING LUNGES
 
 
8. ELBOW PLANK
9. Straight Arm PLANK
10. Super Woman

No comments:

Post a Comment