Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Sunday, November 29, 2015

Those daily exercises are tough!

 My daily exercises are tough. I suppose this is why I'm still doing them each and every day for what 2+ years now? They never get easier and when they do.. what do I do? Make it harder.
There are a few things I really do like about my daily exercises. 
1. Planks, bridges, twists and triceps dips really warm me up when I'm feeling cold. 
2. My exercises all work the core. A strong core is essential for good running and for a good healhty fit life. 
There are many days were I wonder why am I still doing these daily exercises. They are soooo hard. It's tiring holding a plank for 2 minutes and then to do it again a few seconds later for a total of 10 minutes. I always think back to my personal training classes at DCTC where a woman and a young 18 or 20 year old guy were trying to outlast each other in a plank hold. Guess who won? The 40+ year old woman at 5 minutes for a plank! That was amazing! This was at a time were I struggled to hold a 30 second plank and I was shaking like a leaf. I might never be able to do a 5 minute plank all at one time but I'm working on it day by day. 
Its been super cold running in Minnesota the past few days. I tried out a new jacket/shirt combo for colder weather running. The results were the same. I took off the jacket exactly 1 mile into my run. Off came the face scarf but I did keep my ear warmer on the entire run. I'm happy to say, I ran almost exactly 6 miles Saturday morning. Exactly 5.98 miles in a little over 1 hour with 3 rest breaks for water. I plan to repeat the same run this Sunday morning. 

Look at this cutie. I love, love this photo of Evan. 



No comments:

Post a Comment