Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Saturday, November 21, 2015

Running Naked in 21*F degrees!

Now that's cold.. 21*F and I think it was actually 18 degrees this morning when I stepped out to run my 6 miles. I did my miles completely naked.. that  is Garmin naked. 
Nothing, zip, nada.. that's how I ran this morning. Without my Garmin to keep track of my pace. I guess running lately has been at what ever pace anyway. Plus, I always run the same 4 loops around the neighborhood so my miles are exactly the same every single run. It made perfect sense to just run without my Garmin when I found that it was not fully charged. Some how the connector was not attached exactly to my watch and it never charged up. Such is life.. 
I got out my extra, extra warm running leggings. They are the leggings I wear when cross country skiing. You know it's chilly out there if I get these pants out to run in. My butt was still cold, but it was not a solid block, just very chilled after my run. 

Once again I stayed up way too late Friday night. We got together with neighbors for some apps and drinks. Stayed until 11:30pm and woke to a headache. What? I only had one drink, an Angry Orchard Apple Cider and lots of water. I think me and staying up late just don't mix. I need to be in bed sleeping by 9pm, 10 at the very latest to feel normal the next day. Lets just say.. I took my sweet time getting ready to run. 
I love to bake but this even is new for me. I made not one but two recipes I found on Pinterest. The no bake peanut butter bars were still my absolute favorite but I'd have to say, these short bread caramel toffee bars come in  very close. Steve said they were even better then 7 layer bars and by far are his FAVORITE! 
Here's the info if you want to make them. They were super easy. 
Shortbread Toffee Cookie Bars (via: .http://cookiesandcups.com/)
 
makes 30 squares
Ingredients
Shortbread Crust
  • ¾ cup butter, room temperature
  • ¾ cup light brown sugar
  • 1½ cups flour
Filling
  • 1 cup sweetened condensed milk
  • 2 Tbsp butter
Topping
  • 2 cups milk chocolate chips
  • 1½ cups Toffee Bits
Instructions
  1. Preheat oven to 350°
  2. Line a 9x13 pan with foil and spray lightly with nonstick spray.
Shortbread Crust
  1. Beat butter and sugar together until combined, 1-2 minutes.
  2. Mix in flour. Mixture will be slightly dry. Press into prepared pan. Bake for 15 minutes until lightly golden. Remove from oven and allow to cool slightly.
Filling
  1. In a small saucepan heat sweetened condensed milk and butter together until butter is smooth. Pour over shortbread crust. Bake 12-15 minutes until filling is bubbly and browned. It will almost take on a light caramel appearance. Remove from oven
Topping
  1. Immediately sprinkle milk chips on top of filling when it comes out of the oven. Place back in oven for 2 minutes until chips are shiny and soft.
  2. Carefully spread the chips over the filling with an off-set spatula.
  3. Sprinkle with toffee bits, pressing into milk chocolate.
  4. Allow to cool completely before cutting into squares.

No comments:

Post a Comment