Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Wednesday, November 18, 2015

Fighting the WIND ~ ~ ~

Was it ever windy! I had to fight my way through my run.
I felt sooo slow. Every time I looked down at my GPS it was at 10:50.. or 11 something per mile. It was just a tough run even running a slow pace. I'm not sure what the wind speed was, but it was a lot stronger then I was feeling today. 
I'm smiling here but what I was thinking was more like.. I just want to be done running. Can I just rest now? 
 I kept pushing on.. four times around this running route. 
I always feel the best right after I run up that big hill for the 4th time and know I did it. I ran my 6 miles. I just have a little way left and I'll be home. I did stop at home 3x's for a small rest in between loops. I don't get dehydrated this way and I can drop off layers of clothes I no longer need. 
I still have to work today.. So I'm changed and in my work clothes. I had a schedule change for work so its an easy day. I like easy days. 
I bagged up the rest of the peanut butter bars to give away.  I just can't have them around or I'll keep eating them till I finish them all. I don't need the extra calories. 
I found a new book to read. It was actually a book review by another runner blogger. I'd heard of this guy Bart Yasso, but didn't know much about him or why everyone that runs talks about his Yasso 800. Its a good easy read but probably something only other runners would appreciate I'm guessing? I have one more book waiting for me to read and I'm super excited about it. I'll tell you more once I am reading the book. It's so nice to have a good book or two to read at night. 
Speaking of night.. Last night we slept or I slept all night. Steve only made it till 1am and he bailed on me. We tried out a new king size mattress. It's a pain to get it up stairs so we figured better try it out before we take the time to haul it up. Steve's parents purchased the bed top for their room but never slept on it. It was too hard once they laid on it. So they offered to give it to us. I'm thinking how can that be? A bed too hard? They were sooo right. Its stiff and my body aches. I tossed and turned all night long. It just feels like you are sleeping on a board with a thin foam top that does not conform to your body. It has to go! I think they waited too long for the bed to be returned so they might be stuck with it. I just know we can not sleep on it either! 
Time for me to get these feet moving to work. 

Have a super Wednesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment