Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Tuesday, November 10, 2015

Learning to be Okay with REST days.

I'm learning to be okay with REST days where I don't run or bike. I just rest but still do my daily exercises. 

I'm on Day 23 of my 1500 calorie diet. I should just say  1500 - 2000 diet because I haven't been very good at sticking to just 1500 as I always go over. 
I gave myself a pass on running in the evening on Monday because dieting is hard enough, add in exercise and I can quickly become exhausted and eat far more calories then I should. I'm learning that its okay to work on one goal at a time and right now weight loss is the goal, running is just to maintain weight and stay fit. It's okay to do less one day a week. 
I'm doing all I can to lose weight. Drinking lots and lots of water, exercising, eating healthy foods, salads, nuts, yogurt, fruit and lean protein. Plus, choosing healthy snacks with a few cheat meals here and there. Which is why my weight loss is slow going. 1 to 2 pounds a week is all I can expect from just cutting back on calories. I just have to remind myself it's not a race. Its more like a marathon.. it will be slow and I won't and should not give up. 
I'm seeing a tiny bit of my efforts to lose weight. My waist is thinning down a bit and my abs are slowly coming out. Now to thin down my arms and legs. It will come off..and it will make me a faster running not carrying around an extra 10 to 15 pounds. 

No comments:

Post a Comment