Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Monday, November 23, 2015

Are you ready for T-day?

It's Turkey Day week.. It's going to be a busy week, but at least we all have Thursday and Friday to look forward to. I will get through the next three days of work being extra, extra busy.
I've decided to take a mini break from running the next three days just because work is going to be burning plenty of calories. I might run a tiny bit.. maybe just one loop around the neighborhood 1.4 miles each day just because. 
Instead of hooking up a bunch of lights, we purchased one of those projector laser  light displays. 

It's either all green or a combo of green and red. I like the combo best. It's suppose to cover 4000 sq feet. Well, I was able to adjust it to cover all the house and 1/4 of the garage. I might need to back it up a bit to see if that helps. I like how it also lights up the trees. The really great thing is that its only on when dark out and turns off when the sun comes up. I think this is going to be our new outside holiday lights. At $39 its far less then we spent for 400 LED white lights. That only covers one tree! I'm all for making everything a lot easier. We might just purchase one more light and call it good! 
Sunday afternoon I made not one but two pans of cheese stuffed pasta shells. One of my favorites. I have leftovers for dinner tonight. 
Instead of buying an already made salad bag, I've been making my own. We purchased some kale, romaine lettuce, broccoli slaw, shredded carrots, cherry tomatoes, blue cheese crumbs, craisins and poppy seed salad dressing. I was only missing some pumpkin seeds but will be making a special trip to Trader Joe's for more ASAP! The salad also could use chopped up Brussels sprouts but Target was out and I didn't feel like chopping them up myself. Just as good or better then the already made bagged salad and just as easy to make. I only had to chop up the lettuce, kale and tomatoes. 
I'm still on my healthy eating diet. To re-train myself on how to make healhty food choices. I'm on day 36. It's hard to believe I'm on week #6 of this diet. Considering its so very difficult to even start a diet and lose weight I'm pretty happy that I found a easy balance between healthy eating, eating less and not feeling deprived. My goals were simple. Start making better food choices most of the time. Make small changes in food choices. I made the most important decision when I first decided to diet. To not weight myself. I knew about where I was for weight and that's all I needed to know an aprox start weight. My measurement of weight loss was just wanting to be able to wear my skinny jeans comfortably. My first goal was getting back into my black skinny jeans. Mission accomplished! I was able to wear them comfortably last week. I tried on my skinny red jeans that I was able to wear at my lowest weight. I have a ways to go to get my butt back in those jeans. I do have two other pairs of blue jeans in two different sizes that I'll be trying on today to see where I'm at and to keep me going. I've just decided the number on the scale is not going to decide how I feel about myself. When ever I tried to diet the scale would end up being the reason I'd quit my diet. If I wasn't seeing weight loss I'd give up. This way not knowing exactly how much weight I lose each week doesn't matter. I have nothing to get discouraged about. Even if I eat a cupcake, cheese filled shells.. I limit the amount I eat. It's only one meal or one dessert and I get right back on track or make sure my calories for the day stay around 1500 to 1900 for the day. 
Sometimes this diet feels like I'm on a road to no where. I don't see big results but I feel better and I'm checking off the days I'm making better food choices. Getting rid of a little fat here and there. Getting a little more tone and in the process fitting back into some skinny jeans. What's not to like about being healthy. why stop when I can keep making good decisions for me. 
(diet day #36, beginning of week #6)

No comments:

Post a Comment