Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Tuesday, November 17, 2015

Goal Day!!! #30

Can you believe it? I made it to day #30 on my healhty food diet, eating 500 or less calories per day. Did I stick to 1500 calories every day? No! Did I eat all meals and snacks that were 100% healhty? No! So how can I say I made it and met my 30 day goal? 
My diet/healhty eating goals were not about being 100% perfect. Life is not perfect and I am far from being perfect. I might screw up sometimes but I got right back on track with healthy meal and snack choices. I might have gone over my calories and ate far more then the 1500 but I made progress by just being more conscious of my food choices and decisions of what went into my mouth  most of the time. Most is what matters. 
I still have not weighted myself. I did nothing to record my weight or size measurements other then to try on my skinny jeans. It was to fit into those jeans and have them look good and feel comfortable once again. That is my only measurement of progress. I will try them on again Sunday and see where I am at. Last time I tried them on.. Was it Sunday? I could button them up and had less muffin top spillage over. They are still tight on my butt and of course I want Zero spillage. I can't have them so tight that I'm unable to move. 
What have I learned in the 30 days? That I can stick to wanting to eat more healthy. I made small changes to my diet. Cutting out most of the sugar snacks. Eating more greens, healhty nuts and adding in fruit again. More good food choices. I kept away from the Halloween candy and didn't purchase foods that I knew would trigger a binge. 
Day 29 might have been my hardest day yet. I was just hungry all day long. I tried to make good food choices but ended up making a pan of these Peanut-butter chocolate bars. Which were delicious by the way. I found the recipe on Pinterest. Simple non-baking bars. 
Easy no-bake peanut butter bars (via: Creme dela crumb)
1 cup melted butter
2 cups crushed fine graham cracker crumbs
1 cup rolled oats
2-1/3 cups powdered sugar
1 cup creamy peanut-butter
Mix all together and press down on 9 x 13" pan
Melt 1-1/2 cups semi sweet chocolate chips 
Add 1/2 cup peanut-butter and spread on top
Refrigerate to set and cut into bars. 

This was my cheat food yesterday. I had 2 small bars and that was enough to satisfy my need for chocolate. I just felt hungry all day. I ate 1900 calories for the day, but mostly healhty choices. I did give into having a few thin slices of french bread with some smart butter. What can I say. I'm not perfect and day 29 proved to be a very challenging day for me. 
Here I am on day 30. I'm going to continue to eat healhty and stay around 1500 to 2000 calories for the day depending on how hungry I am. I'll continue to have slip ups but I will keep going. When I lost the original 50 pounds it didn't happen over night. It took months.. the end of August till probably April or July before I hit my lowest weight. 8 months of eating less and making good healhty food choices. If I want to maintain my weight loss this has to be a life time of food healthy choices and change is difficult. It takes a lot of baby steps. There will be good days and bad days but overall you have to keep going. One meal, one choice at a time and never give up. You can always start fresh again and get right back at making healhty life choices. 

No comments:

Post a Comment