Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Friday, November 6, 2015

Here we are.. Happy Birthday Logan 13!

Here we are on day 19 of my diet. I don't feel I'm losing weight fast enough. I'd like to just slam off some pounds but then I talk myself into being sensible. I didn't put on some pounds over night and I shouldn't lose it on a starvation type of diet. I just have been fudging quite a bit and its not helping my weight loss efforts. 

I do think baggie clothes keeps you in that I'm comfortable hiding my rolls zone. I'm back to wearing tank tops that hug, even hugging the little pockets of bulge. No more hiding it, time to work it off and diet it off. 
Thursday morning Steve and I took our run to the local park. I had company running 2 miles around the lakes and I love that Steve runs with me. As we were running, I said to Steve "Did you ever think that age 50 and me at 47 would be running around these trails". Looking back in my 30's I could never have imagined us doing this together but here we are.. running around the lakes and having a great time doing it together. I can't wait until Steve wants to run 6 miles outside with me every day. He is getting there.. slowly being convinced that running outdoors is far better then being stuck inside the gym. It's far more challenging too but the benefits from just being outside are far better then any old gym workout. 
While I finished up running one more 2 mile loop around the lakes, Steve walked around until I was done. I wanted to run another 2 miles but that darn calve keeps acting up and I was feeling the pain once again. Best to take it easy as trail running is a bit more work for my calves then just my normal neighborhood trail. 
My little boy is growing up. This photo was taken just a few years ago at Kendra's wedding. He sure has grown up and I'm missing the little kid he once was. Turning 13 today, a teenager. Happy Birthday Logan! We have some fun low key plans for today. He has an enlarged spleen from a virus so nothing strenuous. It look like it could be a movie, cake eating kind of day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment