Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Friday, November 27, 2015

My run was to the store on Black Friday.

I completely missed my opportunity to snag a good deal. I realized my too late my run to the store was for nothing. Home Depot was sold out of my $20 laser light deal at 8:30am. Guess when they open at 6am you must be there to get the deal. I'm usually up early but decided today was the day I'd sleep in till 7am. Since I was already out shopping I stopped at a few more stores. I walked into Bed Bath and Beyond and was greeted by a sales woman at the Fitbit display. I love my Fitbit and already own one so I just said Thanks for the info (on Sale today). The woman behind me said I'm not exercising, not going to happen. I then realized, I was in the wrong place. I needed to get out of there asap and go home to run. I don't want to be that person that does not think exercise is necessary! 
We finally got our covering of snow. Just in the right time to get in the Christmas mood now that Thanksgiving is over. The roads were a bit slippery since we had some freezing rain, plus, melting and freezing going on. I took to the streets of our neighborhood to avoid the skating rink on the path I usually take around the lakes. 
I would prefer to run my usual path, but I had no choice today with all the ice. There is no way to run safely on ice and I avoided it best I could on the streets. Running the loop around our neighborhood streets is about the same distance as my path run in our neighborhood. Its just a tiny bit longer in mileage on the street. I stopped at 4.65 miles figuring I'll be working for a bit today and doing some more shopping/walking miles. 
 Thanksgiving was nice. We all got together early around 1:30/2pm to have an early dinner. We played Yahtzee and a round of cribbage. 
I completely loaded my plate. Steve made my dad's stuffing, that is absolutely my favorite part of the meal. A new multi grain rice with butternut squash. I loved the new combo and we have leftovers which I will be eating. Mashed potatoes, a dab of sweet potatoes without the marshmallow topping, and a slice of turkey with gravy. Yep, it wouldn't be all that bad if I could just avoid the gravy. Plus, two glasses of white wine. 
 We had three pies. Apple, pecan and pumpkin/sweet potato pies. I think my favorite this year was the apple. I had a tiny slice of each. I was really wanting to like them all but the pumpkin was lacking sugar and the pecan had rum added which I didn't care for. Oh well.. next year I'll volunteer to make the pies. 
I was thankful that I ran that morning 6 easy miles on the path during the sleet, rain storm. 
The sleet hurt my face so I grabbed a visor just to protect me from the elements. Nothing like getting pelted with tiny ice chunks. 
a
Happy Black Friday shopping!

No comments:

Post a Comment