Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Sunday, January 11, 2015

Out on the frozen town..

A little wine to warm me up on a cold night out. We did some Cannon Falls wine tasting. We've been here enough that we skip tasting all the wines and go for the flight. They threw in one extra glass of their ice wine.. very sweet, but that's how I like all my wine. 
We discovered at the winery a new band we liked. Ashes of April.. They play songs we grew up with.. a little older crowd then us.. 
After all the entertainment ended at 8pm.. We headed for our favorite burger place, Kings. It's out in the middle of no where but has the best burgers and onion rings. I didn't take a photos since I always get the same burger, American cheese, bacon, lettuce and onions topped with a ton of ketchup and a dash of mustard. 
I did zero working out yesterday, other then took 5800 steps way below the 10,000 step goal. I had to make up for my slacker Saturday.. 

 Just me and the cross ramp at the gym today. I'm amazed that it's so quiet for a January. I usually mix up my run on the cross ramp by going 15 minutes forward then going in reverse another 15 minutes, then forward 15 and backward 15.. for my 60 minutes or 6 miles. This is the first time I've going only forward the entire hour. I learned that I can cover a little more distance in the same time just going forward. Maybe next time I'll go backward the entire workout?
I wasn't feeling super motivated to lift weights. I just forced myself to do a quick 10 minutes. I just did the minimum amount and called it better then nothing.. 
I'm deciding if I should renew my Run Minnesota member card this year. I didn't take advantage of any of the free or discounted races they offered last year. I do like the complete book of races each month and like getting the magazine they send out 6 times throughout the year. I guess I answered my own question.. Sign up and pay the $25.. and take advantage of the free and cheap races this year! 
I also just purchased a subscription to Self magazine. I'm kind of a magazine junkie. I love them.. but mostly I've been good about just going to the library and checking them out as they become available. Unfortunately because I check out so many magazines and books at one time, the fines add up if they aren't returned on time. I have about $45 in unpaid fines. 

What did you do on Saturday night? 

How do you mix up your gym workout? 



No comments:

Post a Comment