Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Sunday, January 18, 2015

I'm back outside..and loving it.

It felt really good to run outside again this morning. It has been far too long. We had the sun shinning and a warm January morning around 27*F, perfect running weather!  
I like not having to bundle up in too many layers. It's still a process switching from indoor running to outside. Well worth the effort.
My legs felt really good since I've been only running indoors on the cross ramp. My legs/feet felt pretty fresh and ready to run. 
The roads were a little bit slippery with frost and some ice. I took it easy running just to prevent any accidental falls or slipping. At 4.4 miles I landed kind of weird on my right foot and it started hurting. I couldn't roll it out or walk it off so I hobbled home. Good thing home was just around the corner. Another reason to stick to a close to home running loop. 
So much for running and hour and getting in my 6 miles. I'll just go to the gym to finish up my miles and lift weights. I have my 3x's of lifting weights goal to accomplish. The pre-running before lifting weights will warm me up and prepare my muscles to lift some heavy weights. 
I was hot and sweaty after my run. Felt good to do a little outside cool down.. Now that I'm chilled.. time to change and drive to the gym... off to continue my workout.. 


Just a side note.. My diet is doing great. I was a little worried about how I'd do over the weekend. Its much easier to stay focused on weight loss during the week when work takes up a good portion of my day. Oh the weekend there are all these extra temptations. Going out for breakfast or coming home to Steve cooking bacon and hash-brown for breakfast and out to eat.. where I'd have fried foods. 

I know my weakness so I said I can't go for doughnuts. I have to avoid that at all costs right now. I just can't have a little sugar or I'll go into a sugar coma and won't come out for days.. maybe week.. or months. I need to stay focused on the last 10 pounds I need to lose. We skipped going out for dinner both Friday and Saturday night. Amazing... since we always go out to eat. Now to get through today and it's back to Monday.. Still a no work day but should be easier to stay on track. 
What do you have to avoid when on a diet? 

No comments:

Post a Comment