Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Monday, January 19, 2015

Down, down, down I go..

I'm happy to report, I'm down yet another pound today. 5 to 7 more pounds to go! I've got this!! 

I have three reasons why I am dropping the pounds fast. 
1. I have eliminated sugar treats. 
2. I'm sticking with no more then 1500 calories for the day
3. I'm burning a lot of calories through exercise. How many at least 1000 calories per day or more. 

I don't think you could expect to see a 6 pound weight loss by just cutting out 500 calories per day, if not for all the extra exercise I do each day. I'd still lose weight, but more like 1 to 2 pounds in the first week. We will see how week #2 goes for weight loss. The first week is when you usually drop the most weight. 2nd week, I expect it to be a slower process.. 


What also went down.. our family! Down hill skiing last night. Did you know skiing burns 288 calories in an hour? Buckhill had night skiing on Sunday for $10 per person, from 7:15 to 10pm. 
I've skied during the day and the expert to most difficult hills look a lot steeper during the day hours. Night time.. not so much. I'm a cautious skier since I can't risk getting hurt and not being able to run or work. 
We usually try to go down hill skiing at least 2 to 3 times per year. Lift tickets aren't cheap as they usually run about $50+ with your own equipment. Thankfully, we all have our own skis. We had a fun time doing some night skiing with the kids. Can't wait to do this again.. 
I still like cross country skiing the best. It's just different down hill skiing. I need to do a little cross country today.. I'll still be running.. still deciding if I want to run indoors or go run my favorite paths.. After yesterdays foot injury.. just landing wrong. I'm a bit hesitant to go out when I know it could be a little slippery with ice. It's suppose to be in the 30's and that is perfect outdoor running temp.. Decisions.. decisions.. 
I've laid on the floor long enough stretching.. now I need to get moving and move, I must do! 




No comments:

Post a Comment