Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Wednesday, January 7, 2015

No school does not mean... No work or exercise!

There is no school for the kids today. -40 wind chills have kept them home for the day. Wish I could still get paid for work and not have to show up, just send a check please! 
While the kids were sleeping in.. I still got up normal time to stretch. I have no problems getting up early knowing my day starts off gently with yoga and relaxation for an hour or so... 
Steve joined me this morning for my planks. I've moved up from 6 minutes total to 8 minutes. I break it down to 2 minutes at a time with a rest in between. Planks are still hard and that's why they are so effective. I still get shaky and I'm not up to doing 5 minutes all at once. Working my way up, little by little. Don't be fooled by those posted plank challenges that have you believe that its possible to go from day 1 to 30 and master a 5 minute or more plank. I've been doing this more then a year and its hard work.. 
Weight and dropping a few pounds is still on my todo list. I thought about how hard I work at running and eating through lunch only to wreck my diet plan in the late afternoon/evening. I decided to remind myself of how hard I worked to stop me from making poor choices. It's not a perfect system as my craving for ice cream made me cave at 8pm.. I still had that craving.. and I caved but what I did different.. ate a small scoop and that was plenty. I didn't deprive myself of something I wanted. I just had a lot less of it, but enough to satisfy my craving. I managed to stay around 1800 calories for the day. I burned 1300+ calories yesterday with working and working out! 
The fitbit hasn't given me any more motivation to move then I already had. In fact.. I wish it was more accurate. It never logs my running miles on the cross ramp correctly. Its a good sleep indicator. I'll still keep using it. Maybe it will be good for soccer to know how much I run?? # of steps. 

Session #2 of soccer starts tonight.. Looking forward to some speed work. Lets just hope I get to play as much as I want. That's my only complaint. I don't want to be subbed at any point in the game. Even if I do feel a bit tired. I want to run the entire  50 minutes of the game! 

No comments:

Post a Comment