Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Friday, January 2, 2015

An Attempt to keep those New Year Resolutions


I'm attempting to keep up my New year resolutions.. and here's how I'm doing. 
January 1st, or day 1 of my attempt to eat better. Better as in, more veggies, less sugar and stick to 1500- 1700 calories to lose a few pounds. That lasted till Family dinner. I wanted a glass of red wine.. probably should have skipped the extra calories and then the soft brie blue cheese on french bread. I just had to sample all the cheese. I even ate dessert, a half slice of lemon cream pie and a half slice of apple tart. Not the end of the world but these are the foods I'm trying to limit. I did stick to my food plan for Breakfast and lunch. 2 out of 3 meals.. a start and plenty of room for improvement.
Exercise: I never have trouble exercising. I get plenty with running in the morning and then working for a few hours Tuesday- Friday. I'm still trying to have enough energy for round 2 of cardio in the afternoon/evening. Once I sit... I don't want to get up. 
Quality Sleep: I am going to spend an hour in the afternoon or before bed stretching. I'm hoping it will allow me to sleep better at night. The Fitbit shows that I awake at least 16 times at night, if not more. I'm a very restless sleeper all night long. 
Yes, I'm doing every thing I've read to make sure I can sleep. 
Dark Curtains that block out the light. 
Alarm clock - upside down so I can't see the light or look at the time
Read before bed
Leave the Laptop, cell down stairs and never use them in bed. 
Don't watch much TV in Bed. If I do, I'll read after till I'm tired. 
Keep the room cool.. 68 to 70 in the winter
King bed for plenty of room to sleep and toss and turn. 
Go to bed and wake up at roughly the same time each day. 
Tire myself out! Daily!!
Work in progress on trying to sleep though the night. 


Plus.. lastly organize the house, at least 30 minutes each day. 1st day organized my closet and today.. cleaned up the kitchen and the animal cages. That's all I have energy for! 

No comments:

Post a Comment