Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Saturday, January 17, 2015

It's a weight-loss Marathon...not a sprint.

Before I go into my weight-loss,.. I do have to say.. I am completely loving my frown line fillers. Even if no one really notices a huge difference.. I can and that's all that matters! Smoothing out nicely with still some swelling on day 2. This is normal and the swelling should go down in another day. 
Back to my weight-loss marathon. Losing weight is not a race that needs to be sprinted. It's a slow process similar to running a Marathon. Slow and steady wins at losing weight. It's not going to be easy all the time. There will be temptations.. I will want to cave into eating crap. I do have to remind myself of the "why".. "The why" is to get back down to my original weight loss of 50 pounds. To melt away the fat on my abs that I work so hard at each day by doing 6 to 8 minutes of planks. I want to see those ab muscles! I won't see progress unless I put in the effort each and every day to make good, healthy food choices at every meal. If I screw up.. all is not lost.. The next meal I can go right back and make healthy choices. I do want to keep my daily calories around 1500 and no more then 1800 for a day. 
Day 5 of my weight loss marathon.. I did weigh myself. I have lost a pound. It matters more that I eat healthy, then drop pounds fast. I'm not racing or competing against any one but myself. I'd love to keep up to the neighbors in their dropping pounds, but this isn't a competition. I know what will work for me and do know what works best to keep the weight from coming back. It will always be a struggle to lose weight and then maintain.. I have to re-learn to love healthy foods. 
Spending the early dark hours of each morning stretching and focusing on my weight loss goals first thing is the best way to lose weight and keep motivated. I do a Pinterest search for weight loss motivation while stretching. I try to avoid looking at junk foods.. it's so tempting to get hungry looking at food. Best to avoid that all together! 
I'm glad that I have a Fitbit. It is fun keeping track of how many steps I take, the amount of sleep I get, the number of floors I climb each and every day. I'm now also logging my food. It has helped me move a little more by getting in my 15 floors I climb. Plus, its one more way to keep me busy and focused on my weight loss. Having a reminder through out the day is a great way to keep the mind focused on what I want to accomplish.. losing 10 to 15 pounds. Moving more, logging my food, climbing more stairs.. and getting enough rest. (I was not paid for my views.. and opinions, they are all my own.) I'm all about trying something new.. any thing to help me reach my goals. 
Time to get moving.. off to the gym to do cardio and lift weights. My goal is to lift weights at least 3 times a week, 15 to 30 minutes. I have today and tomorrow to make my goal. 

How do you lose weight? Any suggestions? 



No comments:

Post a Comment