Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Sunday, January 25, 2015

Ah.. Fresh, Crisp Air..

A nice crisp day to get out and Cross Country Ski. I decided to just look around and take the time to enjoy myself instead of trying to go as fast as I can. 
Skiing only took 1 hour and 20 minutes to ski the 4.5 miles. 10 minutes extra for my go at an easy pace and stop to take photos. 

I didn't see anyone out on the trails. I wasn't really expecting to see anyone since it's a work day. 
I did buy a season ski pass. I have no reasons not to ski every day I can before the snow all melts away. The trails were in pretty good condition considering we haven't had a whole lot of snow. I'm hoping the warm up in the next few days won't melt it all away. 
It felt good to get back to the car. A great change to ski instead of run. I like how skiing makes you do a lot of balancing with all the turns, plus works your arms. I always finish feeling like I had a whole body workout, not just my legs and lungs. 
I haven't been using my heart rate monitor much lately, but decided I'd use it today during skiing. I just wanted to see how much effort I was using to ski. I usually have my HR around 131 - 135 while running and wanted to compare it to skiing effort. 

Up to 130 max. Guess next ski time I'll try going faster.

No comments:

Post a Comment