Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Sunday, January 4, 2015

Empty Gym Already.

It's only January 4th and the gym was already empty of the newbies. Seems temps below zero kept every one away from working out, which is just fine by me. 
I wanted to have a total of 50 miles for the week. I  got home and realized I miss calculated and was still 3.5 miles away from my miles goal. I even biked 3 extra miles thinking I'd make my 50 miles. I still made my goal of running on the cross ramp every day this week, 6 miles a day. That is an accomplished goal! Plus, I've been using my new Fitbit to track steps and sleep. I'll have to get better at tracking my calories. 
Cross ramp = 42 miles
Stationary bike = 3 miles
Cross country skiing 1.5 miles
Total miles = 46.5
I need to do more miles on the stationary bike.. Its a good way to increase my miles and stay fit for biking in the spring. It's not exactly the same as biking outside but something to help maintain till I can be outside again biking or should I say Cycling? 
I came across this recipe for Almond Pomegranate Scones in this months Vegetarian Magazine. The scores looked so good. I really need to bake a lot more this year. I usually try not to bake since I want to eat it all. I find I buy baked goods anyway, so I might as well make them myself. 
Here's the recipe for the scones.
I made some pancakes for Breakfast  lunch. Plus we have bacon.. not a healthy choice, but a tasty one. 
 Just a few photos of Celina and I cross county skiing yesterday afternoon. 
 I had to get in some skiing before the temperatures dropped yesterday from 30+F to zero today. 
It's going to stay around or below zero all week, so no cross country skiing! We do need a bit more snow as the trails aren't that good. The hikers have walked all over the ski trails. Its a mess and I really dislike when people don't walk around the ski trails. It's clearly a ski trail, not a hiking path! 

No comments:

Post a Comment