Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Thursday, January 22, 2015

I am Shrinking and all the numbers prove it!

First time ever not getting a next day soccer headache! My trick? Take two Advil before bed, drink water through the night and take two more Advil when I wake up. I only had a slight headache feeling when I woke. A huge improvement from my usual next day screaming headaches. 
The kids and Steve came to watch me play soccer last night. Sure they made fun of me always running, while others walked. I just want to take full advantage of my speed training workout! Every week I improve just a little.. Last night I made a great pass that almost scored a goal for our team. I also screwed up a little.. by completely missing a ball that was passed to me.. going by with a little too much speed. I still have that foot/ball coordination to work on. In all, my family was some what kind. Of course I expected the worst since we always have something to say about the kids soccer games. I guess, its best to tell the kids the positive things they did during the game and leave out all the negatives. A good reminder last night! I'm still happy they came to watch me play soccer. 
I wasn't very hungry yesterday. Steve made some delicious baked chicken and fingerling potatoes for dinner. I took off the chicken skin and used smart butter for my potatoes and also had my yummy side salad. 
I almost didn't take a photo of lunch since I more then half ate my sweet potato. Such a simple, tasty lunch to make. Just poke a few hole in the potato, and microwave till soft. No need for anything else.. just the potato by itself has plenty of good flavor. I felt a bit like I was eating Evan's baby food. He eat a lot of sweet potatoes and squash. 
The numbers don't lie. I'm shrinking. The scale might be stuck right at the moment but not the tape measure. I lost a half inch around my waist and my % body fat was down 2% and my BMI. I re-took it 2x's just to make sure those were the correct numbers. 
It's a resistance training day for me. Day 2 this week. I need to add in one more day to make my goal of 3x's per week. Building muscle and burning more calories even at rest! Plus, the benefits of toning up all over!
 On our way home from soccer last night, we stopped at Target to pick up some food. Logan wanted to try a few new items. Can you tell which ones he  picked verses the new item I wanted to try? Yep, Goldfish for Logan.. we all did the taste test. Vanilla Cupcakes, a winner! Both were really good and tiny so not much of a cheat food. We all loved the new Ancient Grains Cheerios. Very similar to honey nut cheerios.. (I was not paid for my opinion. All opinions are my own)
We got a little fresh snow the past few days. About an inch. Not a huge amount but fresh enough to go cross country skiing the next few days. I can't wait to get out in the woods again and ski. The weather is going to cooperate and be in the 20-30's, perfect outside weather temps! 

No comments:

Post a Comment