Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Sunday, September 21, 2014

Run.. then bike, I did my own Dulathalon

 Taking Saturday off 100% gave me a burst of energy this morning. It felt really good to want to run and bike. Taking Saturday off was very necessary. A few glasses of wine made me feel not so great all morning. I even went back to bed till 9am which Never happens. Wine and running just don't mix and I don't recommend it. I know some runners have wine, but I just can't drink any alcohol and feel like a good runner. I'd rather run any day then drink. I'll stick to water!
I stopped more times on this trail run then I ever have during running. I  stopped to take photos, bathroom and water breaks. I want to get use to stopping and starting up again as I think this is good practice for walking through water aid stations during a race. I have this idea that runners don't walk at all during a race and that's just not true. I don't want to lose momentum or my mental game by not practicing walking a bit or stopping a few seconds. I can and will pick up the pace and keep going even after a short stop. 
I pick running routes where I know there is a good bathroom. Usually the parks are very clean.. well, I found Zero TP in either of the bathrooms. It's a good thing I come prepared. My nose runs a lot during running, so I usually carry paper towels. You can never be too prepared when running! It would have been a bummer to have to drive all the way home. 
The fall colors are really starting to come out.. The sumac is always first to turn a bright red. Makes running along the lakes extra pretty. 
I never stopped my Garmin when I stopped running.. It just kept going.. and going.. Not too bad of mile  times considering all my stops. 
I finished 6.44 miles of running in a little over an hour, 1 hour and 9 minutes. 
Steve made cinnamon french toast for breakfast and we had real maple syrup from our trip to Grand Marais. Its not diet food but it sure tasted good. 

No time to rest.. I wanted to bike. 
10.86 miles of biking.. in a quick 46 minutes! I still felt great like I could bike more. 
I only have so much time for my biking because Logan had a soccer game. 
I also had to share food from last nights dinner. Can you see it under all that salsa? I do love my salsa... 
I finished my sign.. Now on to the other signs I want to make.. This one is next...
Logan saw me painting and wanted to do some too. He's not done yet but its getting there. I have No idea of what he is painting? 

Family dinner will include some very fresh veggies we picked up from a local Farmer Market. 
I always want to buy everything.. Wouldn't it be great if someone was selling stir fry veggie right there so you could just eat? I think a lot more people would eat fresh veggies if they were all ready to go and cooked. 



No comments:

Post a Comment