Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Sunday, September 14, 2014

A Healthy Snack

Next to Granny Smith Apples, Honey Crisps are my favorite kind of apples. There is nothing better then a crisp, crunchy and slightly sour/sweet apple. I might have taste tested two apples while at the Apple Orchard. 
A healthy sweet snack that is good for you and won't wreck my diet plan. All fruit is on the okay to eat list. 
The trees were loaded with huge apples. When I say huge, I mean over a pound each easily. They were more like softball size, not your normal baseball size apples. 
Logan wanted to reach the perfect red, huge apple way up in the tree. Good thing no one was around to see him climb up. 
This apple orchard in Afton is our favorite. They are super low key.. and not too busy. 

When I was 4 years old. I remember my thumb being bitten by a donkey. They really do bite you. Its no joke. I'll be keeping my hands and thumb to myself, thank you. 
I could not pass up this great location for a family photo, minus me of course. Someone has to take the photo and I'd rather be the one doing the photo taking. It's hard to get 6 people all in one location. 
Plus, a photo of just Celina and Logan... 
A perfect September day to be outside at the apple orchard. 
We have a whole bag full of good for you Apples. 
Celina really wanted to go play some tennis after we got home from picking apples. Tired as I was, who can say no. Celina plays tennis 5 days a week for 1-1/2 hours a day and wanted to play more tennis on Saturday. She makes it look so easy. Logan and I were awful at tennis. We still all had a fun time and I burned some extra calories from our restaurant lunch/dinner. 
I had a really difficult time choosing something to eat off the menu. Everything sounded so good. This flat bread with tomatoes, basil and mozzarella was delicious. I ate all of it plus, a side of grilled shrimp. 
Out came dessert.. 
I'm still on my diet, but I had to do a small taste test of each. 
Day 7 of my dieting.. Up early to stretch and then off to bike or run.. 


No comments:

Post a Comment