Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Sunday, September 14, 2014

skinny jeans..

Look who can get back into my skinny Capri jeans. Me that's who! After spending the summer not being able to zip up or button these Capri's.. here I am one week into my diet and those jeans slide on easily. Now to work on a few more pounds to get into my skinny/skinny jeans. 
Logan requested blueberry muffins this morning. Lucky for us, we had frozen blueberries in the freezer. I make these simple muffins.. half the batch I topped with butter, sugar and cinnamon the other half was just plain. Of course I did sample just one small muffin. Not sure why I ever buy a mix when they are just as easy to make from scratch. 
I didn't stop baking with the muffins. We are having fried chicken for dinner and what goes with that? Corn bread with honey drizzled all over the top to make it extra yummy. I used this simple recipe from the back of the corn meal container. 
It really is Easy corn bread. One bowl and fool proof. I used whole eggs instead of just egg whites. 
I doubled the recipe for a 12 x 12 pan. 
Golden brown and I will be sampling this corn bread with home made honey butter. It's not part of the diet, but I give myself permission to taste what I make. I don't want to be too restrictive in this diet or it won't last long. I am more about sticking to healthy eating and reducing my calories for the day over all. 
I'm getting good at roasting my own veggies. I cut up two small sweet potatoes and 2 parsnips, put them in the oven for 30 minutes at 350F, sprinkled with pepper, salt and chopped fresh rosemary. I ate the entire pan and it was delicious! 
More soccer in the afternoon. Another windy cool day where I needed a blanket to block out the wind. 



No comments:

Post a Comment