Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Friday, September 12, 2014

Stay Positive.. looking at the bright side

I'm trying to look at everything on the bright side. No need to dwell on the less then perfect aspects of daily life. Running felt extremely hard this morning. I lasted all of 37 minutes 3.5 miles and called it quits. It's not always going to go as planned, running or life. You just roll with it and I want to focus on the positives not bring myself down by the negative stuff. There will be other days I can't wait to run mile after mile.  
Being self employed, co-owning a construction company, residential cleaning and being a personal trainer is a lot of work. It's never easy. My motto has been since 2001, "You make things happen". Meaning its up to me to get jobs and be successful. Sometimes the stress of being self employees keeps me up at nights worrying. Mostly because I'm not doing all I can to keep things going in the right direction. Don't get me wrong.. I would not change being self employed to go back to working 40+ hours again and have a set pay check. It's up to me to give myself a raise and work for it. This keeps me going.. knowing I can do it.. I can make things happen. 


I do get extra exercise from my job.. Its a great workout and burns up those calories. Who doesn't like to get paid to burn calories? That's probably why I really enjoy what I do. So much variety and a nice schedule to allow me to be home so much. 
I pretty much come home every day for lunch and a mid-day break between working. Unless I'm done working for the day. I'm trying a new salsa to have with my rice. This Salsa Lisa seems promising. It smells of my favorite garlic. Plus, the ingredient list was all good stuff, no hydrogenated junk. 

It's not spicy, but it does say mild. I probably could have bought the spicy variety. Next time.. My favorite salsa contains some not so good ingredients (hydrolyzed Corn Gluten.. what is this?). I need a replacement and I hope I like Salsa Lisa's, spicy salsa just as much? 
In the mail was a new Vegetarian magazine. I hope to find a few more low calorie veggie meals I can make. I'm not much of a cook, so it has to be simple and quick. I'll be picture.. food drooling in awhile as I look through this. That's why I had to quit Pinterest. It make me hungry for all the wrong foods. 
I'm trying to stay positive about this cold fall weather we are having. I just keep thinking.. Florida is where I need to be. My favorite time is summer not fall. I'd much rather be hot then cold, cold, cold. 
Seemed too early to have to wear a long sleeve shirt with arm warmers, head band and gloves.. When you wake up and it's in the 40's.. time to break out the stuff I dread.. I already miss just running in a tank top. 
I will be doing a lot more biking at night. My front light reflector broke off a few years ago. I think my Trek bike is at least 25 years old so things are bound to break. I purchased this bike light. I still have to figure it out and read the directions. I bought it thinking I could use the LED lights when I run. Guess we'll have to try that out. 







No comments:

Post a Comment