Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Thursday, September 25, 2014

Finish STRONG!

I felt great this morning, unlike yesterday when I just felt awful from lack of sleep. I gave it a rest day, as I just didn't have it in me. It felt really good to get out and run especially when its in the 60's and still dark out. My kind of weather to run in.. 
Just my running route.. The first mile was a wake up, 3x's around easy, easy pace 10 minute mile.. the 2nd & 3rd mile I tired to speed up until I reached a mail box, garbage can or tree, then slowed down a bit to rest and repeat.
 I actually hit 8 minute miles.. for 4 miles! I'm really happy I finished strong and kept going till I was done with 6 miles. I have a lot of days where its just tough getting out there but I hold strong and just do it.. There are other but very few days where I want to go faster.. and this was the day. So happy to pick up the pace. Speed work felt really good and I'm not exhausted.. ready to tackle the day. 
Finished my run, then decided to make some sugar cookies with some new sprinkles I bought for Halloween. I always use parchment paper when I make cookies so they slide right off the pan to cool down. Keep the pan clean and no extra work for me. 
Logan wants to make some cupcakes and top them with sprinkles, so I'd better save some for him. 
Steve baked another apple tart last night. This might have been the best one yet. He used apple jelly on the crust and then topped with the apples, cinnamon/sugar. 
 I did one of my favorite things yesterday afternoon. Since I couldn't run or bike due to exhaustion, I picked up some runner magazines and some other books of interest at the library. It's been way too long since I stocked up on a bunch of books/magazines to read. I was in Reading heaven!
The perfect way to spend the night.. Reading and I got a good nights sleep, finally! I really needed this rest day! 

No comments:

Post a Comment