Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Saturday, September 13, 2014

Running the Lakes

I slept in.. and it felt great! 

Given the temperature was around 39*F when I woke up made it hard to decide what to do for exercise. A little too chilly to bike, so the only option is to run. Saturday is a good day to try some place new to run. I haven't been at this park running at all this summer and I really just wanted to run a trail, nice and easy this morning. 
I did the loop 3 times plus, ran it in reverse. A beautiful morning and not too many people out walking or running. I did see a lot of families getting photos taken at various places along the trail. 
I promise you, I started off bundled up in a long shirt, and arm warmers. It took 20 minutes to warm up and I made my way back to the car to peel off the layers. 
I was a slow poke running trails, but it was a lot of uneven surfaces, rocks, trees to jump over, hills, tight curves and some people and animals/dogs to dodge. I was hoping running in a beautiful place would make me love running again. I'm just feeling tired and not wanting to do much of anything lately. I want look forward to getting out and running or biking. 

This trail made me excited to get out doors. Its part concrete, rocks and dirt. A variety of surfaces to run on. 
While out running, I was thinking that I can use the Running Room gift card birthday gift from Kendra on some trail shoes or maybe buy some Yak Tracks, so I can keep running outside all winter.
Beautiful views of the lakes while I ran. I'm looking forward to the fall colors and running this again. 
I'm on Day 6 of my diet. Still don't know how much weight I've lost. I'm avoiding weighing myself for fear I'll give up if I see the scale has not budged that much. I don't want to see that all my effort to lose weight has not resulted in the scale moving down. 
Dinner last night, I cut up two varieties of sweet potatoes, mixed them in some lite olive oil and put salt, pepper with fresh chopped rosemary on top. Baked them in the oven for 30 minutes. They were delicious!!! 
I'm still eating my whole grain bread with chunky peanut-butter in the morning. I'm down to just one slice instead of two. I'm just not as hungry. Plus, saving my calories and eating a lot less. 
I think this weekend is going to challenge my will to stay on this diet. Steve was talking about pancakes and then going out for breakfast or maybe even going to get donuts. I know myself and I cant even go there if I'm going to lose weight. I just told him, I have to keep going until I drop 10 pounds. I need to do this because I want to be weighing in the low 140's again. Maybe even reach 130's.. wouldn't that be nice! 






No comments:

Post a Comment