Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Monday, February 22, 2016

Sweet 16 and back to all running

We celebrated Celina's 16th birthday on Sunday night with the family. 
How did she grow up so fast? She was just a small 7 pound baby when we brought her home from the hospital 16 years ago. 

Celina wanted a carrot cake, home made for her birthday. We made the cake together. I chopped the nuts and carrots up and Celina made the rest of the cake. 
The cake turned out so much better then store bought cake. I'm not sure why I haven't made more from scratch cakes. This one was by far the best cake we've ate. 

Dinner Celina requested Lemon chicken, with a side of Zucchini noodles, asparagus, mushrooms, and cherry tomatoes. 

Such a simple, but good tasting meal.



Back to my running, I only ran 4.69 miles Sunday around 11am. Late in the morning and I wasn't feeling great about my run. I tried out my new Brooks Pureflows and didn't love them for outdoor running. My feet just need more cushion and I ended up switching back to my Adidas boosts which felt a lot better. 
I'm not feeling great about where my diet is at. I could have actually lost a good amount of weight by now if I had stuck to lowering my calories to 1500 per day. I've been way off. I am a bit discouraged but won't give up. I just took a little..long break and still have time to lose the weight before summer. There is no time for a pity party, I have work to do. 
Even thought my running has felt a lot harder then it should. I'm guessing because I took a few weeks off to concentrate on cross country skiing. I just can't expect to jump right back into running 6 easy miles without it not feeling easy. I settled for 4.69 miles yesterday, but last night I had a great idea while trying to get back to sleep. Why not try and do double workouts? This way if I need to stop at 4 miles, I can do another 3 or 4 later which is more miles then just a morning run. Plus, I need to do my morning exercises at night too. I am not seeing any more results so it's either that, or up my exercises and I'd rather just do it two time then do more all at once. I know it all sounded good last night while I was all warm and tucked into bed. Lets see if I will follow through with this great plan. 

No comments:

Post a Comment