Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Tuesday, February 23, 2016

A Snowy Four

I had a snowy four miles of running this morning. It started to snow before I even got outside to run. Lets just say, I was not excited to run this morning even before it started to snow. Remember, running is hard 99% of the time. 
It looked stupid with my visor on with my head band warmer so I opted for sunglasses to block the snow falling into my eyes. It worked okay till I tried to clear my sunglasses of snow and then it made a big smudge mess. 

By Mile two I was running with out a jacket, sunglasses, head warmer and gloves. The snow was coming down in those big cotton like flakes. I felt like I was in a snow globe running in circles with falling snow all around. 
I didn't want to risk getting hit by a car on our busy road. I  have to run a short distance on it to loop around our neighborhood. Instead, of the big loop around the neighborhood, I did our small street loop, around and around for 4 snow miles. 
Running in the snow felt super hard. I would slip a little with every step. I just felt weighted down. Plus, I am trying the no caffeine mornings. I use to take a half of a caffeine pill every morning at 5am. Well, by the time I was skiing late in the afternoon there was really no reason to keep taking it. I didn't need the boost from the caffeine to work out any more. I just don't want to be dependent on any drug to make me feel good or not so good if I don't take it and get a headache. 
Mile 1, I wanted to quit running
Mile 2, I really wanted to be done running
Miles 3, I should just run one more mile because this is really hard. 
Mile 4, I should really run six miles but four miles feel like six in the snow. 

4.18 miles at a slow pace, 43:42 minutes total. 
Look who was waiting for me at the top of the driveway. Zoe came out to play in the snow. She is getting so big at 10 weeks. 
Last night we ate dinner super late at 8pm. I still wanted something for a dessert after. I got back to having a greek strawberry yogurt at 80 calories and that seemed to do the trick. It was enough of a snack that I wasn't feeling sugar deprived of my evening snack. I just need to do this more often. 
Off to pick up my new Fitness Journal. Wow, I feel so lost with out it. Its acts as my weekly planner too. I like that sense of accomplishment from checking off my todo list every day. 
I have a full day of tax records to finish up. I'd like to get our tax info to the accountant by Monday next week. I am just getting far behind and need to finish this up today or the weekend for sure!  

No comments:

Post a Comment