Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Saturday, February 20, 2016

Saturday is a Run DAY!

It's Saturday and I finally went for a run. A six mile run in one hour and thirteen seconds to be exact. My average pace wasn't too bad at an easy 9:53 per mile, some slower and some faster miles in there too. 
It's back to tank top running weather. I think we were at 39*F when I started my run. I always shed layers, gloves, jacket, head band and top shirt. The first 1.5 miles was hard. I'm not going to lie about that! It didn't feel right to be running instead of skiing. I would have rather been out in the woods but it's back to running and I need to start loving it once again. 
 My plan to run this morning.. run 4 easy loops around our neighborhood on my favorite path. Well, the path was too icy from the melt and then freeze over night. I had to just stick to the roads in the neighborhood. Kind of dull and not a lot to look at but at least I could loop back to home and get a very short water  and bathroom breaks. 
Zoe just sat there waiting for me while I ran my loops. She was in and outside my entire run. 
I've been hitting up the M&M's a little too much lately. We had three bags of M&M's to go though and we are now on #3. You can tell we all like our M&M's. I need to keep my hands out of the chocolate! 
I came in from my run smelling bacon. Steve baked up some for breakfast and was going to make some pancakes. I ate a few recovery strips of bacon (you must get in protein after a run) it's not very healthy protein but it sure tasted good! 
I cleaned up after my run, showered and washed my hair. I even curled my hair, something I hardly take the time to do. Why you ask? I'm off to a neighbors get together to learn more about the Muslim community. It's a meet and discuss group. I'm not sure all what it's about other then asking questions and getting to know our Muslim neighbors in the area? 

No comments:

Post a Comment