Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Sunday, February 21, 2016

100% okay with a delay

I've learned to be a lot more relaxed about getting in my workout. Today is the perfect example. It's 10am and I still have not gone for my run. 
Cross country skiing helped me fix my thinking that if I didn't get out right away 1st thing in the morning, it meaning my workout would not happen. It actually didn't happen a year ago if I'd miss my morning workout. Now I am a lot more relaxed about getting in my cardio anytime of the day. I still like getting it done right away but if it doesn't happen, I'm okay with going later on. Just like when I'd go cross country skiing at 4pm. I still got in my workout late in the day. 
I kind of feel this way.. glossed over, blah before my run. The earlier I get going the better and happier I feel. It's just the way it is. I took this shopping Saturday afternoon while waiting for Celina to try on clothes. I use to love shopping. Now I can't stand it. I think its the styles, they seem cheap, and outdated even thought its the new style. Kind of a mixture of the 70's with some 80's colors. I'm over it and not loving any of it. Celina found a bunch of clothes for me to buy for her birthday and some new 2 pairs of running shoes. 
I had one of those Saturdays where I ran from event to event. Running, then to a neighbors get together, shopping for Celina's birthday gifts, Logan's soccer and shopping at Target with Logan to get Celina a gift, drop off Celina at the movies and pick her up. It was go, go, go all day long. 
Yesterday, while at our neighbors get together. I asked a neighbor who I hardly see "What's new with you?" I see her running in the neighborhood once in awhile and I probably should have asked a more direct question but I get this asked to me a lot so I thought I'd try it out. Here's what I got as a response, which caught me completely off guard and I'm not quite sure how to take the answer??? She replied, "living the life, Living the dream". I'm like okay.... thinking maybe she doesn't have big dreams? Maybe it's me.. I always want more and never think I'm living the dream life. That would mean I'd be having someone pay me to run and I would not have to work, I'd live on some tropical beach and be able to travel the world and do and see what I wanted. That my friends is living the life.. Healthy life. Of course, just having one's health for some is living the life. I completely get that if you have a health scare. Maybe I'm over thinking the answer to my vague question but it sure got me thinking about what does that mean to you.. Living the life? 

Steve and I went to the bread Smith this morning to get BREAD. Not just any bread but my favorite chocolate bread. He warned me, I would want to eat the entire loaf in just a day. Maybe he was right because all I can think about is having another slice and another. Some foods I just can't have around me. 
11 am and I need to get out and run.. Have a super Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment