Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Monday, February 1, 2016

Winter warm up on January 31st.

We've had some pretty nice, warm, in the upper 30's to 40's, winter days the last 3 days in a row. I lost the snow to ski but now I can run again. All refreshed. 
It felt good to run and a little weird all at the same time. The last time I ran was 4 weeks ago. I kept looking at my Garmin to check my pace and I was going just under a 10 minute mile. Anything in the 9's is good enough. I took my favorite neighborhood path for my first loop and realized that it was a little too icy and I probably should have gone a different way. The 2nd loop I stayed on the road, no ice! Just did a quick 3 miles. 
Steve wanted to take a walk where I usually go run on the trails this morning. I didn't have much time to run so I cut it down to just 3 miles and then we walked 2 miles around the lake. 
I don't run on my park path during the winter but I know a lot of runners do get out and run the paths. I suppose I might have to try this some day? 
I came home to the best puppy kisses. It's hard being away from our puppy. I'm going to have a hard time leaving her when I go work on Tuesday. Good thing its a quick work day and I won't be gone long. 
While Zoe was sleeping we introduced Paige, our bunny to her. I think this was the best way for Paige to not freak out. She did great with Zoe sleeping. We'll do this a few more times and then wait till she is just waking up or tired before we have Zoe awake. We want our hunting dog to not think Paige is food. 

No comments:

Post a Comment