Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Monday, February 1, 2016

Winter warm up on January 31st.

We've had some pretty nice, warm, in the upper 30's to 40's, winter days the last 3 days in a row. I lost the snow to ski but now I can run again. All refreshed. 
It felt good to run and a little weird all at the same time. The last time I ran was 4 weeks ago. I kept looking at my Garmin to check my pace and I was going just under a 10 minute mile. Anything in the 9's is good enough. I took my favorite neighborhood path for my first loop and realized that it was a little too icy and I probably should have gone a different way. The 2nd loop I stayed on the road, no ice! Just did a quick 3 miles. 
Steve wanted to take a walk where I usually go run on the trails this morning. I didn't have much time to run so I cut it down to just 3 miles and then we walked 2 miles around the lake. 
I don't run on my park path during the winter but I know a lot of runners do get out and run the paths. I suppose I might have to try this some day? 
I came home to the best puppy kisses. It's hard being away from our puppy. I'm going to have a hard time leaving her when I go work on Tuesday. Good thing its a quick work day and I won't be gone long. 
While Zoe was sleeping we introduced Paige, our bunny to her. I think this was the best way for Paige to not freak out. She did great with Zoe sleeping. We'll do this a few more times and then wait till she is just waking up or tired before we have Zoe awake. We want our hunting dog to not think Paige is food.