Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Wednesday, February 24, 2016

We have a 16 year old!

It's officially Celina's 16th Birthday today. Oh to be sixteen again.. maybe not! 
Life is about to change for this girl tomorrow if she passes her driver test. She will finally get to drive solo. Lets just keep our finger crossed that she passes her test. I'm looking forward to her driving to the gym. I won't have to make a special trip there and back every single day. 
In case your wondering, Kendra got her this cute car for her birthday. She won't be getting her own car for awhile. There is no real need right now since she can use my SUV anytime after school. We'll see how long this workout for me without a car. Well, I'll have Steve's truck to use. 
I had such a hard run yesterday morning in the snow. I'm looking forward to clear roads today when I go run. My run will have to wait till later on today. I have a sick son who might have strep throat. Plus, work and then I can run. Should also be warmer out later on in the day and that means tank top running weather! It might be only 30, but that sure feels good after a few hot and sweaty miles. 
I picked up my new #9 journal yesterday morning. I'm happily back to recording my fitness and todo list every day. It's kind of my security blanket for fitness. I'm hoping it will keep me on my diet goals too for healthy eating. It's a work in progress. 
Diet progress, I was doing so good for eating healthy all day. I switched up my lunch from a big salad to just veggie soup at 160 calories. I felt the need to eat something else for a while. After dinner, I had a greek yogurt then reached for a peanut butter cup and before you know it, my hands were back in the M&M jar. Good news for the M&M's, they are almost all gone. We might have 10 left at the bottom of the bowl. I should switch to dark chocolate which is healthy for you, rather then milk chocolate which is just empty calories. Small changes are needed for my night time. 

Here's the plan. Because you must have a plan to make a positive change.
1. do evening yoga as a stress relief instead of reaching for some high fat comfort foods. 
2. Do a few planks or more daily exercises at night to help me sleep better
3. Read a good book
4. Go for a walk with Zoe. 

This might sound a bit weird but I read that brushing your teeth, having something minty keeps you from wanting to eat. I'm going to start brushing my teeth a lot more in the afternoon and evening to see if that might prevent me from eating crap. Can't hurt to try it?

Lastly, who's on our deck? Besides some of the random neighbor dogs that come eat the bread we put out for the animals. 



No comments:

Post a Comment