Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Thursday, February 11, 2016

It's starting to turn into a puppy blog then a I love to run and workout blog.

No doubt this is my life, along with all things fitness. I do love my little puppy and of course want to be with Zoe as much as possible. A happy puppy mom is a fit mom. I want to be able to run with this little girl when she is a year old. If I want to do that. I must get some exercise. We are all happier for that. 
As much as I love spending my time playing with Zoe, she has to get a break from me too. Lately, I've been loving my running break and filling it with Cross country skiing. My days are numbered on how much longer I will have snow to ski. Even though its been crappy trails and super cold for skiing, I'm still going every day I can. 
I had to work super hard skiing yesterday. It was more icy which means I have to use a lot of upper body, arms to get moving. It's a super tough workout when it takes me an hour to ski 4 miles. I've been cutting my skiing route down to 5.3 miles instead of closer to 6 miles. It's been taking one hour and 15 minutes with the ice on the trails. There is also light snow in areas which provides a lot of drag. I just don't get any glide where I want it on the trail. Hitting the hills, it looks all icy. I ended up taking off my ski's and walking down a very icy hill. My ski boots are slippery too so I had to walk in the deep snow next to the trail to not fall. I almost fell a few times anyway. Glad I didn't risk skiing down that curvy hill. I'd be going far too fast and out of control. Hitting a tree or falling is not my idea of a good workout. I'd rather be safe and just walk down that hill. 

I was out there on the trails with no one around. It's usually the worst the first mile and then gets better from there. Most people don't venture far out on the trails. Its usually the regular/advanced skier you see farther out you go. Beginners and groups of skiers don't know the rules. It's a lot like the road. Slow skiers stay to the right, pass on the left. Most people like to ski side by side. It's a pain to ski up on people that are taking up both sides and not letting you pass. Most do move over but every once in awhile I have to do the squeeze between or go around off the trail.
It's that time. Time to do my morning exercises. Get ready to work, wait till it warms up a bit and go ski. Plenty of puppy play time in between. I'm hoping I won't need a two hour nap today. Zoe and I got to sleep in till 5am. That was a lot better then getting up at 3:30am on Wednesday. 

No comments:

Post a Comment