Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Friday, February 5, 2016

Catch up to that Yellow Jacket

I am competitive when I see a good challenge. While skiing yesterday, a skier in a yellow jacket was stopped on the beginning of the ski tracks. I was still a little bit behind when the skier started going. I wasn't thinking of passing that person at first, but then I kept seeing that yellow jacket up ahead of me. I wanted to pass it. That's exactly what I did, but it sure took a while. I'm not even sure if that person knew I was trying to catch up. When I did finally catch up, I stayed behind that yellow jacket just to catch my breath. I didn't want to pass and have to struggle to stay ahead. I think that person just gave up as I passed because that pretty much was the last I saw of that yellow jacket. 
There was another skier at the top of my favorite hill at the end. It's a big climb up, but a nice ride down the hill. I really don't like anyone on the hill when I'm enjoying the down hill ride. I had someone on my butt for the remainder of my skiing. Good thing I was almost done. I sure wasn't going to let this guy pass me either. It sure made me go a lot faster skiing and time passed a lot quicker. 
This has been our favorite night time activity. Just laying on the floor with Zoe. She has us wrapped around her little paw. 
We had a very late dinner, 8pm. I wasn't hungry till around 7 for some reason. Usually, I'm pretty hungry in the afternoons and have a snack of popcorn. Not today, instead I found myself before dinner eating a few potato chips. Good thing Steve ate most and there were only a few chips and some crumbs left in the bag. We had a delicious dinner, baked parsnips, red potato, sweet potato/quinona with peas and some steak wrapped in bacon. I finished off the rest of the parsnips for a desert. They were that good! 
It's a diet goal day #110. Feeling good but not exactly skinny jeans wearing weight loss. I'm a work in progress what can I say. What I have changed in 110 days is that I have a salad every day for lunch. No more not knowing what to eat for lunch and making poor choices. Pre planning snacks of Greek yogurt, fruit, popcorn etc. Working out in the afternoons. Lifting more weights -arms, and not getting down on myself for eating crap. I just get right back on track. I'm counting calories, exercising and I've stuck with this life style healhty eating for 110 days. Now that's a big deal for me to have lasted this long and not give up. I might have a meal or a snack where I give up on dieting but I get right back the next meal thinking of a healthy choice. It was to make small changes in my diet and exercise to lose and maintain a lower weight. I'm accomplishing my goals little by little, even if it's at sails pace. 
This little girl got me up pretty early this morning, 4am. I ready to go back to bed or take a 30 minute power nap before my work day starts. 

No comments:

Post a Comment