Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Saturday, February 6, 2016

The Weekend

The weekend is finally here and am I glad! 
I was super happy to be done working on Friday. I had one of those really, really busy Fridays where I worked from 8am to 3pm. I know some people work an eight hour day,five days a week, so working 5 hours one day  (minus my lunch break and drive time) might not seem like a full day or week to most, but it's a busy day for me. I like working three hours per day. It just seems to be my happy number. I was a bit exhausted after working. Getting up extra early with puppy, sleeping on the floor with her and not sleeping well at night all with a busy work schedule made me extra tired. I skipped cross  country skiing. I just didn't have the energy. 
All I had planned for my Saturday was to ski and take care of Zoe. Plus, do a little puppy shopping for a tag and maybe a dog bed. We got up early 4am, and then Zoe wanted to play till 7am. After all that, I went back to sleep on the floor with Zoe. Guess I needed the extra sleep in rest. I felt so much better after more rest. Off to do more yoga, daily exercises and then ski. I could tell by the parking lot, I'd gotten to the park late. A lot of people thought today would be a good day to go ski. I took the long outside loop and hardly saw anyone. Exactly the way I like it. 
I didn't want to race anyone today. I did try to keep up with a group ahead of me, but they turned down a shorter trail. I just kept going.. I saw a guy with his dog skiing. The leash was rigged up so the dog could pull him, kind of like a dog sled, but with out the sled since he was just on ski's. The dog and the guy just stayed on the lake instead of the ski trails. 
It's been exactly one week with this little girl. She is such a good puppy.  I can tell we are going to be working with her the next two months on not nipping with her sharp baby teeth. She likes to play rough sometimes and it hurts. If I am laying on the floor when she is in play mode, she will go after my ponytail. I'll have to get some book at the library this week on training your puppy. We have some work todo. she is getting the whole potty training thing down pretty good. Just some accidents here and there because it's mostly our fault. We need to get her out sooner. 


It feels like nap time with puppy.. Skiing got me super sleepy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment