Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Thursday, February 18, 2016

My Morning and a bunch of other things

Morning is my favorite time of the day. I usually can't wait to get up, even at 5am. I'm a very light sleeper and usually end up tossing and turning for a few hours every night, so by the time its 5am, I'm happy to get up and start my day. 
I figured out the perfect way to relax and have a calm morning. Stretching while playing with Zoe. It might not always be easy stretching because she is a very playful puppy right now. Meaning, she likes to chew up my hands if I don't have a toy in front of her face. I'm also up and down a lot right now, letting her outside. It's the whole, we have to potty train the puppy to stop all the accidents. It's getting better, but still a work in progress. She is only 10 weeks old and we have another 6 more weeks before she starts losing those sharp puppy teeth. 

After Zoe gets all tired out from playing for about two hours, It's my time to do my morning exercises. I have to go into our front room to exercise that's gated off from our puppy. I'd rather lay on the carpet then the hard floor. She sleeps and I do my planks. It took us a while to figure out a new morning system that works for both of us. 
I've been trying to think more about dinner. How can I make it more healthy and enjoy cooking. I usually leave the cooking up to Steve. We eat late when he makes dinner and I just find it hard to wait and not eat before. Yesterday, I stopped and picked up some fresh ingredients. Zucchini, mushrooms, cherry  tomatoes, and fresh garlic with some bow tie pasta noodles. I probably didn't need the pasta noodles if I had made a few more Zucchini noodles. Celina helped cook up all the veggies while I cut up everything. I topped the veggies with a little red sauce and a dash of Parmesan cheese. Super good and I'll be make more of this every week. Maybe add a chicken breast for some protein to fill me up instead of the rye bread. 
It's warming up today to the mid 30's and Friday will be in the 50's. We might get rain too. I'm bummed that this will be my last day to ski. It's back to running probably Friday. I suppose its time to get back to running and soon enough, when the snow is 100% gone, I can run trails through the park. 
I am happy that spring is only 6 weeks away. I can tell the animals are all happy. We have tons of birds and squirrels on our deck every morning eating the food we put out there. 

I've got a busy work day ahead. Working for a few hours in the morning, an customer meeting in the afternoon along with cross country skiing. Tonight, I have to get back to organizing our taxes. Plus, its time to color my hair for spring, a little lighter and less gray strands. 
I need to step it up on the dieting. Its not helping when I eat 2000+ calories a day. I can't really call it dieting if I'm eating more then I need to lose weight. I  am coming off a vacation which is hard enough getting back to healhty foods. I might need one more day of eating 2000 calories then I need to start cutting back 500 calories per day. Time to start over and see some weight loss progress once again! Maybe I should weight myself this time around? Something to think about.. or just try on my skinny jeans and not worry about what I weight. That might be the more healthy solution for me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment