Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Wednesday, November 26, 2014

That just felt wrong!

It felt so wrong that Steve was off to the gym this morning and I wasn't going. I have soccer tonight so I'm saving my running speed energy for tonight. It's a late, late game and I hope that I'm able to stay awake. I know after the game, I'll be wide awake and be full of night time energy! 
I was hoping there was an indoor dome during the day hours where they had open times and I could go in and practice goal kicks. I had zero luck so far but I have one more dome to check for open times. I think I saw a sigh up saying open times for $5??? I just need to get my kick down and need some practice. 
I just can't seem to make cookie bars without doing a dough taste test. Last night I made this chocolate chip cookie dough and added chocolate, peanut butter chips and topped with mini Reese pieces. I give most away to my work customers and the rest will be eaten by my kids. 
It would also be very wrong not to spend an hour plus every morning laying on the floor stretching. My kids usually find me every morning laying here. Its my normal and I like it. Stretching really helps loosen up my tight sore back. I always wake to a stiff back that aches. I work out all the kinks by doing my yoga stretching. I sometimes do this after working too because when I sit for too long my back gets sore and aches. Stretching prevents my back from hurting and it just feels a lot better! 
I've been doing these bridge 2 minute holds for.. well probably since summer. I'd have to look back in my fitness book to tell you the exact month and date I started doing this exercise. I read that it helps runners with stronger glutes. After all, my blog title is Run, Run my buns off! I'm not sure its made my buns any more tone, but I'm sure to notice if I stop doing them so it doesn't hurt to keep doing bridges every day. It's like everything, once you stop and try to start again.. then you notice how fit you once were. I don't want to stop to realize it. I'll just keep going. 
I'm having a no makeup Tuesday. Since getting my eyelash extensions I don't really feel the need to wear any makeup. Now if there was only something for dark circles under the eyes I'd be able to go makeup free all the time. 
Day 9 of my 1500 calorie diet. I had budgeted a burger into my calories for the day. We had grass fed beef and I opted for no cheese. I do love my ketchup and I know it's loaded with sugar. Some day I'll try salsa instead. 
I had my burger with 1/2 of this sweet potato. Just love sweet potatoes! So easy to make, just poke a few fork holes in the potato, pop in the microwave and cook until it feels soft and squishy. A good filling healthy low calorie food. 
I had my usual snack of microwave popcorn but had a slice of rye/pumpernickel bread with a small amount of smart butter. One of my favorite types of bread plus only 80 calories. 
I do love a good cheese. I never thought I'd love blue cheese but I do now. I need to have it on my salads. Steve and I ogled over the cheeses at Cub foods, but we decided no need for the added calories as that would just be wrong to keep on my 1500 calorie diet!
I finally remembered to look for some warmers. I'm thinking they might work to keep my buns toasty warm on a really cold running day. I come home usually to a very frozen butt. It's not pleasant during my run. It never warms up and I really want to try these warmers. It might be the new thing! I might have to invent leggings with pockets for bun warmers! Wouldn't that be funny! 
Work has been extremely busy and I get a good amount of exercise while I work. I've been skipping my morning run and saving my energy for work. Celina and I did go to the gym after work. I didn't want to run due to my exercise filled work day so I biked again. 6 miles on the stationary bike but at an easy 6 level random hills. We lifted weights after for 35 minutes. I once again did not write down what I lifted and how many reps. I did think about a system to do this and need to put that in place as well. 

No comments:

Post a Comment