Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Monday, November 10, 2014

Will I stay motivated in the cold?

That's the big unknown question.. "Will I stay motivated all winter long to run in the cold?"
I just would rather be outside running then on a treadmill. Of course the thought of running when it's freezing cold.. doesn't sound that great either! 
I do think if I did some more prepping for the cold I would be able to handing a zero degree morning run.  I'll have to wear longer socks since my ankles are exposed to the elements. Two pairs of socks seem to do the trick to keep my feet toasty warm. My new running leggings are also doing the trick. No need to double up just yet. Loving the Yaktrax on the snow covered roads and it looks like tomorrow I'll be able to test them out on ice covered roads. I just need a better layers system. I did a pretty good job this morning. A tank top, long sleeve shirt with my arm warmers. I just needed a neck warmer which I stopped back inside on my 2nd time around our block.  
I've also learned that its best just to hang on to my gloves then to throw them to the side. If my hands get cold, I can always stick them back on, which I have done. Usually my hands stay pretty toasty without gloves after a few miles. This morning I never took them off. I did remove my head band but that was the only layer  removed. 
I just think its best to stay really close to home while running in the winter.  Maybe eventually I'll want to run trails but for now I'm good with my close to home route! 
Evan and I spent the day together. Plus, Logan was home with a stomach ache. That's his size 9 or maybe size 10 foot. I just measured our feet together and his was at least an inch longer. 
Evan is one busy boy. He loved seeing snow outside the window for the first time. He kept looking up in the sky at the snow falling down and trying to reach up and catch it. I brought in a little snow so he could see and touch it. He didn't really like that part and wanted nothing to do with touching snow. 
Time to throw out the Halloween pumpkins.. He's got a cotton head..full of white fluffy snow.. 
I finally got the right thickness for my chocolate chip cookie bars. I used a much bigger pan to spread out the dough. It cooked even and wasn't raw in the middle. I always try to bake bars in a 12" x 12" pan and its just not big enough for bars. This was the perfect pan and they came out delicious. 
Logan and I tried them piping hot with a scoop of vanilla ice cream with chocolate sauce drizzled on top. Oh sooo good! 

No comments:

Post a Comment