Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Friday, November 14, 2014

Setting Winter Goals!

I'm keeping my winter goals pretty simple. Run just a few miles each day outside and make up the other miles if needed at the gym. Plus, since I have to take the kids to the gym, I might as well do resistance training while I'm there. This also get me to work on my strength, building muscles over the winter months. Soccer is my speed workout night. The rest of my running are going to be at an easy pace and finish fast. 
I'm also spending at least an hour on Yoga then doing 6 minutes of planks, superman 3 minutes, bridge 2 minutes, 20 pound body twists, 30 lunges down the driveway, and 50 squats when I step outside to warm up to run. 
I've been feeling pretty amazing after my cold winter running. I'm determined to keep running outdoors and not let my running fitness suffer this winter. Usually, I've spent the winter months October - April in doors on the cross ramp. While that keep my cardio fitness up it does not translate into outdoor pavement running. I always start over every spring getting back my fitness where I left off. I don't want to start over this spring! It's time to try something new and stay strong all winter long! 
I'm sharing some of my Friday favorites.. a must have breath mints. I love my garlic so popping a few of these peppermints into my mouth is a great way to quickly get rid of the garlic taste. I leave them in my car and am always fully stocked. 
My favorite earrings. I'm on my 6th pair. I keep losing at least one every so often. I don't branch out much in my earring style. I have them in gold too. 
Tinted lip gloss.. I'm not a fan of just lipstick, I like a little touch of some smell/flavor on my lips. Just like to keep them from being dry and cracked. Its a all year must have. I'm also not too picky about the color.
A must do.. re-watch or read the Twilight Series. We now own the first movie and the last one but nothing in between. I'm on the look out for the whole series of books, hoping to find them at a half price book store. I was disappointed to find out Target no longer carries these books! 
One food item.. Apple Tart! A slice with vanilla bean ice cream. 

No comments:

Post a Comment