Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Friday, November 28, 2014

Damage Control

The Holiday food damage control has yet to begin.
My favorite is stuffing with lots of gravy followed by the sweet potatoes. I'm not a huge fan of the marshmallows on top of potatoes, so I try to dig deep to avoid that. I also skipped the roll for a second helping of my two favorites. I do like turkey but it's all about the stuffing for me. 
We had three pies. The kid each made a pie, Celina a chocolate praline pie and Logan made pumpkin. Claudette made the sweet potato which is always my favorite. If I had to choose between pie and stuffing and could only have one, I'd take the stuffing. Its so good, I already ate my lunch of gravy and stuffing at 10am. 
Good thing I made it to the gym on Thanksgiving morning. I ran 6 miles and it took forever! It was also a lot harder to do then I recall. Back to starting over on the cross ramp with pumping it back up to where I left off on the incline and resistance. I'm almost there. 
I was up super early at 4am and by 6am I was headed out the door for some Early Bird Black Friday shopping. Old Navy, Walmart and Kohls. Three hours later I headed for home. I had no plan in mind for shopping but got a few good deals. Found some gifts to get a start on Christmas shopping. I even found myself some leggings, a holiday shiny tank top, 3 pairs of earning and a new gray sweater. I definitely could go back to bed now that I'm full of stuffing. 
We have enough snow to do some cross country skiing. I'm doing to do a little more shopping with the kids first, then I'm heading out to ski for my exercise today. No running or the gym. Just going to enjoy the change of exercise. 
I also wanted to share a good healthy lunch I made yesterday. I wanted to try broccoli slaw and knew it would be good with some lite ranch dressing. I tried to go easy on the dressing since that's where the calories add up. It's 25 calories for 1-1/2 cups of the slaw, 80 calories for 2 Table spoons of lite ranch dressing. Delicious and a good option to eat for a side or main meal. 

No comments:

Post a Comment