Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Two items I don't track and really should!

I pretty much track everything fitness with the exception of two things that I should track because they are just as important. 
1. My sleep. I am a horrible sleeper. I'm up at least 2 or more times a night. I have a pattern and its usually awake at 2am and up till 3am sometimes sooner and some nights later depending on when I go to bed. I usually am very consistent about going to bed the same time each night. I have dark curtains to keep out light, I even turn over my clock so I can't see the light or the time. I read before bed to relax so I don't have trouble falling asleep, just staying asleep. I don't drink a ton of water after dinner or much of anything, but still find myself getting up every night. This is what I should track. The number of hours I actually sleep and note the times I wake up. Maybe I could then figure out a pattern and a way to change my sleep to get a good night rest without all the waking up. Its also important to get enough sleep, as it aids in recovery from running, repairing those muscles. All the more reason to get my sleep in every night and make it a good nights rest. Not a restless night. 

2. Weight training (resistance)- I am starting to get back to a regular habit of lifting weights at least 3 times a week. Now to record what I do, how much I lift. This will help me see progress. It will also help me stay consistent with resistance training and not have a big lapse over the summer months when I avoid the gym to do my workout outdoors.  Muscle burns fat and keeps me tone. Running doesn't do that.. as it just keeps my cardo fitness up. 




No comments:

Post a Comment