Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Run Quick so I can Vote!

Getting up before 5 am just so I could stretch, run and VOTE! 

My running was cut short at 4 miles just so I had time to vote. Even getting up early didn't make a difference. I take way too long stretching in the morning and that threw off everything. I was still happy to get in 4 short miles on the cross ramp at the gym. 
My poor big toe.. There was sooo much pressure under the toe nail I had to do something about it yesterday. Steve said drill a hole in the nail. No way! I opted for a rubbing alcohol soaked pin and poking my skin just below the nail in that puffy area. It worked.. No more floating nail but I'm still not 100% toe nail pain free. I've been using band-aids to protect the nail and a lot of the glue has stuck to my nail. 
I have my 2nd soccer game tomorrow night. I want to be able to run and not worry about anyone stepping on my toes. Not to mention my toe getting hurt again. I want to avoid this at all costs! Its just way too painful. 
It feels a little strange to be back in the gym running on the cross ramp. The time was moving so slow. I switched from running forward to going backwards after 15 minutes. I picked back up on the same resistance/incline as I left off. I'm just not loving the change right now. I do enjoy reading new magazines while I workout. Just wish the gym had more of a selection! 
There is no real way for me to track my progress other then hand write my machine info after I run. My heart rate is around 131 to 134... pretty consistent and I try to make it more difficult by running random hills and increasing the resistance especially when I go back wards. I never care about my strides or steps.. just distance and time. Plus look at my heart rate one in a while. I am already missing running outdoors and when it was light enough to see outside and I had 30 minutes left to run.. all I kept thinking was I could finish these miles by just running home. 
I'm just going to have to force myself to run outdoors! Maybe this will be the winter I start trying to be an outdoor runner? Time to start looking at purchasing Yak Tracks for snow running! 

No comments:

Post a Comment