Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Sunday, November 9, 2014

Ready and waiting for a test run!

Its true, I'm ready for snow. Bring it on!!! 
Bought myself a pair of Yak Tracks after going to two stores. I finally found a place they were well stocked. 
I was told by the sales person that the "Pro" would be the best for snow and ice. I would have liked to find some type of shoe protection in addition but that didn't happen. I'm using my pink Brooks Glycerin 10's for outdoor snow running only!
I have a few concerns about the Yak performance that I soon will be able to test out: 
1. Will they really work on ice, so I don't slip and fall? 
2. Will they be uncomfortable to run in? 
3. Will I be able to run up and down steep hills and not slide all the way down? 
They were easy enough to put on over my running shoes. I decided to dedicate a pair of running shoes to speed up the get out the door to run after a snow. I didn't want to have to take the time to get the Yak track in place. Best to have them on my shoes and ready to go, so all I have to do is just put my shoes on and go. 
Lets hope the forecast is correct for Monday morning.. Snow! I'm going to warm up and get ready to test out my new Yak Tracks! 

No comments:

Post a Comment