Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Monday, November 10, 2014

1st Snow Run!

 My first time ever running in snow and I liked it!
My new YakTrax worked perfect in the snow. No slipping, and more surprisingly, I didn't even feel the coils under my shoes. I really thought I'd be able to feel the trax every step I took. Rocks no matter what size I can feel through my shoes but the coils I never noticed. I didn't run up any steep hills but based on how I ran in the snow on the street, I think they will do just fine on a hill up and down. 
I stayed close to home on my first snow running. It was still dark out so I just did the neighborhood little loop around and around. Just 3 short slow miles. I wasn't concerned with pace since it was my first time running in the snow. Just being out and running in snow was a big deal for me. Who cares about pace and not to mention, it was too dark to see my watch display. 
I still don't know how I will like running if it snows more then an inch. It did make running more interesting and variety with the snow under my feet was definitely different. 

I think this snow running is going to be fun this winter! 

No comments:

Post a Comment